Legacies of Catalogue Descriptions: outputs and next steps
This workshop provides an opportunity to discuss work-in-progress outputs from the Legacies of Catalogue Descriptions and Curatorial Voice: Opportunities for Digital Scholarship project and to work together to develop next steps.
To book your spot or ask questions, please head to our gath.io page.
TBC Schedule (all times UTC)
- 13:00 Short Reports on outputs
- James Baker (Sussex) - Why research the histories of cataloguing? Legacy records, contemporary machines, and future harms
- Rossitza Atanassova (British Library) - Computational Analysis of Catalogue Data: opportunities for cultural heritage institutions
- Cynthia Roman (Lewis Walpole Library) - Investigating the History of Cataloguing at the Lewis Walpole Library
- Jake Kara / Peter Leonard (Yale DH Lab) - simCataloguer: Writing Imaginary Descriptions of Imaginary Objects
- Andrew Salway (Sussex) - Detecting Transmission between Catalogues
- 14:00 Hands-on / Discussion forums
- 15:00 Q&A + next steps
Online (Zoom via our gath.io page)